[Paraview] Parallel rendering including transparency

Kai Winter kaiwinter212 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 06:48:25 EDT 2016

Please, does anybody have a clue, how to correctly render transparent
objects in parallel?

I attach the modified version of
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/MultiPass_Rendering_With_IceT and screenshots
of the render windows for MPI rank 0,1,2 (from left to right), first with
SetOpacity(1), second with SetOpacity(0.5). In the second case, you see the
artifacts in the blue segment, and (worse) that rank 0 shows a black window
instead of the composite image.

Thank you
Kai