[Paraview] Saving with Solid Color information

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Sep 24 15:49:47 EDT 2015

Hi Léo,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Léo Pessanha <leonardopessanha74 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am using state files as a solution for now, while i can't find a way of
> saving solid color info.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean. Statefiles are meant to
be the way to save display properties.

> The problem is that each filter that I apply in my data, I have to color
> the data again.

Ah ha! It turns out that there is an option in ParaView 4.3 (maybe a
version or two earlier as well) that lets you specify that the properties
applied to one pipeline item get applied to the output of a filter applied
to that item. Go to Edit -> Settings and type "inherit" in the search box
at the top. Check the checkbox next to the "Inherit Representation
Properties" setting.

> It is a large group of data so it's counter-productive.
>
> Maybe, when there's time, I will produce a scalar with the same value for
> all the points, and link with a custom color palette, I think it will help
> me better than state files.

A color map won't be saved when you save the data, so I don't think this
approach will help you.

Best regards,
Cory

--