[Paraview] Changing variable names

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Oct 16 16:37:19 EDT 2015

The easiest is to simply use the "Calculator" filter. You set the
input variable as the "Function" and then given the Result array an
appropriate name. Note, this will create a deep-copy of your data. To
avoid that, you can use the Python Programmable Filter as demonstrated
in the attached state file. A "Script" like the following does the
trick:

output.PointData.append(
  inputs[0].PointData["RTData"], "NewName")

Alternatively, you can use the Python Calculator too, which behaves
similar to the Python Programmable filter. The Expression will simply
be the name of the array you want to rename. Do make sure you pick the
right "Array Association" however.

Utkarsh