[Paraview] Trusses to Tubes

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Thu Oct 15 16:04:10 EDT 2015

All,

I have a Exodus multi-block dataset with some blocks that are truss elements (unstructured grid).    Each truss represents a cord and I would like to run the Tube filter on them to display their actual diameter so that I can check how close they come to touching each other.  Of course, the Tube only runs on lines, not trusses.

I am contemplating writing a Programmable Filter that looks a lot like the double-helix example in the wiki that would create a line for each of the truss elements.   Before I go off on that, is there any more elegant way to convert my trusses to lines, or otherwise to get the correct diameter represented?    Is there some way to leverage the points and connectivity implicit in the trusses to quickly create lines?

Thanks for looking

Dennis