[Paraview] Silce Feature Question

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 5 11:55:47 EDT 2015

Although the slice filter can automatically create any number of parallel slices at once, it cannot produce rotational slices automatically.

However, I believe you can achieve your goals by using Python scripting to automate the creation of any number of slices. There is a brief introduction to scripting in the ParaView tutorial (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/The_ParaView_Tutorial) and scripting is covered extensively throughout the ParaView User's Guide (http://www.paraview.org/paraview-guide/), both of which are freely available. Once you have figured out how to properly create and manipulate the slice planes in the Python script, it is trivial to add a for loop to create as many planes as you like.

-Ken