[Paraview] Silce Feature Question

Michael Tzeng mhtzeng1995 at gwmail.gwu.edu
Fri Oct 2 11:46:05 EDT 2015

Hello ParaView Community,

I'm an undergraduate student that is currently doing research in the
Biofluids Lab in the Mechanical Engineering Department at the George
Washington University. I've been playing around with ParaView to help my
professor render data.

Is there a way to use the slice feature to produce multiple repeatable
slices? And each slice must be about a point of origin so all slices go in
180 degrees. I've included a picture of what I'm interested in this email.
In the picture there are only 18 slice and I performed all of them
separately. If I wanted to create more than 18, lets say 180 slices, how
would I do it the easiest and fastest way possible?

In addition to create a lot of slices, I also need to get data from each
slice. I've been doing that with the Plot Over Line Filter. Is there a way
to apply this filter onto each slice and then export the numbers onto Excel.

Thank you,

Michael Tzeng