[Paraview] deforming sphere-like grid to object

Christopher Snyder 22csnyder at gmail.com
Thu May 21 04:05:11 EDT 2015

Edit:

After doubling the amount of lifetime experience with paraview or vtk since
my last email, I think what I ought to do is create a filter that does a
single iteration of shape deformation. Then I'll create a script that
alternates "calling this filter" and rendering 500 times or so.

Let me know if that sounds incongruous with how Paraview works.

Background Idea:The points on the initial sphere should deform in a way
that minimizes the total 'energy' of the blob: edges should coincide with
sharp contrast in the background volume; surface normals should be minimial.

Thanks again,
Chris