[Paraview] deforming sphere-like grid to object

Christopher Snyder 22csnyder at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:48:20 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Here's what I'd like to do using python scripting.
1) Initialize a set of points and edges that "look like a sphere" using
sphere=Sphere()
2) deform that set of points (and edges) to match a volume whose high
intensity region is also blob-like using an active shape model
3) visualize the evolution of the sphere deformation using paraview.

I only tell you so you can stop me if I'm doing this in a suboptimal way.

My immediate question is simply how can I extract/change the coordinates of
a Sphere() object? Are the points of a "sphere" object constrainted to
forever occupy a sphere shape?

Best,
Chris