[Paraview] Multiple versions of ParaView on same computer; how do I choose one?

Stanbridge, Christopher William cws105 at mun.ca
Mon May 11 10:00:20 EDT 2015

Dear ParaViewers,

I have recently used the instructions from the ParaView Wiki to download
ParaView (presumably its most recent version, 4.3.1) and build it with
OSMesa. However, my computer also has a non-OSMesa-enabled copy of ParaView
4.0.1 installed. Whenever I run the "ParaView" command, the 4.0.1 version
opens. How do I tell my computer that I want to open the OSMesa-enabled
version? Will I need to uninstall 4.0.1 first?

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
CS