[Paraview] to be sure about used hardware ...

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:05:19 EDT 2015

I cannot directly answer your question, but there has been some
discussion about slow volume rendering previously. Search the archive
for a thread called "Hardware suggestions for volume rendering".

A quick summary:
The performance depends on the type of dataset you have, i.e. structured
grids (even up to 70M grid points) will render decently fast on a single
Nvidia Quadro K2100M GPU, but unstructured grids are very slow already
for much smaller grids.

You can test this by using the wavelet source, which gives you a
arability sized structured dataset.

-Armin