[Paraview] saving table data

Paul DesJardin ped3 at buffalo.edu
Sat Mar 28 09:30:06 EDT 2015

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the prompt response.  The generation of extra arrays arises
after the call to the PlotSelectionOverTime filter, so filtering
before that call will not have the desired reduction.  For whatever
reason, there is a difference between the output of the
PlotSelectionOverTime filter using the GUI vs. calling it in the
python script using the SelectCells filter (below).  When you run it
through the GUI, I get the original variables as a function of time
(as expected).  When I run through the python script, I get the avg,
std, q1, q2, q3, q4, .... (bunch of other statistics) for every
variable.  This is what I'm trying to eliminate - clearly there is a
difference between what GUI selection approach and using SelectCells
in the python script.

Is there detailed documentation on valid arguments for SelectCells?
For instance, I haven't a clue exactly what query="id==0" means.  Are
there other arguments to shut of statistics?  I can only find very
tutorial type of information on the wiki and in the KitWare published
texts (VTk and paraview).  I poked around on the doxygen site and
didn't find too much information there either.  Is the source code
viewable for the SelectCells filter so I can see what exactly it is
doing?

It looks like the programmable filter provides a mechanism to run
python code.  Wouldn't this be the same thing as running python code
via pvbatch? I don't see how using the programmable  filter would
provide an alternative solution approach.  I must be missing
something....

Thanks,

Paul

email:  ped3 at buffalo.edu