[Paraview] A little help with understanding how the pipeline works please

no name keinepostnurmuell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:20:20 EST 2015

The Update.Pipeline() thing worked perfectly as you suggested. But now
I get an error I cant' read any information form:

RROR: In C:\bbd\b51c3c7f\source-paraview\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\Core\vtkSMEnumerationDomain.cxx,
line 75

vtkSMFieldDataDomain (00000000610CD930): Invalid idx: 0

But everything seems to look fine ... But I feel very uncomfortable
about ignoring it :( The information I read in comes from multiple INP
files.

Thanks
Richard

On 11 December 2015 at 14:17, no name <keinepostnurmuell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello David
>
> Thanks for that. I will try it. I have a completely different problem
> that comes from a paraview bug (I think), and I want to write it to
> the mail list, if it is not mentioned in a bug tracker already, but I
> am not sure on how to name it correctly.
>
> The thing is, I want to export an animation with paraview, and this
> animation breaks at some point, resulting for example in a label of a
> axis in a spreadsheetview that goes 10 pixels right, while an object
> in the renderview disappears completely. I can also not bring it back,
> when I walk through the scenes by hand later on. I would like to issue
> a bug report, but I am not sure if this bug really is coming from the
> export animation or something else. Can you help me with that?
>
> Thanks
> Richard
>
> On 11 December 2015 at 14:08, David E DeMarle <dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
>> The pipeline is lazily evaluated and won't produce anything until you tell
>> it to flow.  In the GUI, the "Apply" button typically does this. From
>> python,  you can do the same with threshold1.UpdatePipeline(). Call Show()
>> and Render() to update and display the result at the same time like "Apply"
>> does.
>>
>> On Dec 11, 2015 7:50 AM, "no name" <keinepostnurmuell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I made a long pipeline to work through some of my files and I don't
>>> understand what I am missing here, when writing the input for the
>>> pipeline to a macro
>>>
>>> from paraview.simple import *
>>> inputfile = FindSource('FILE*')
>>>
>>> # create a new 'Threshold'
>>> threshold1 = Threshold(Input=inputfile)
>>> threshold1.Scalars = ['POINTS', 'dataZ']
>>> threshold1.ThresholdRange = [-0.98, 0.98]
>>>
>>> This produces an empty object in the pipe (Information window, Number
>>> of Cells: 0 and so on ...) under Paraview 4.4 on Win10 (x64). I can
>>> then just click on the little eye icon to get values under
>>> Information. I would not mind clicking that icon, but I need more
>>> filters in my pipeline and they alle are empty after this one (or
>>> maybe at all, the threshold is my first filter in a row of 25).
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Richard