[Paraview] Sphere benchmark runs and max number of polygons

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Sep 30 09:08:07 EDT 2014

>  The number of polygons does not increase when the resolution is changed
> - (thetares,phires)=(1000,4000) gives 2044000 cells, with the memory used
> 87.82 MB and 135.73 MB for geometry. Screenshot at
> http://i.imgur.com/zF8vMHu.png
>
>  I would like to use an image with let us say, 100 M cells in Shpere().

…

Ah, I see. There is a constant in vtkSphereSource.h that defines a max
resolution of 1000. You can change that locally, or simply make more
spheres or otherwise make a more complicated scene.

Plugins/Manta/vtkMantaTestSource.h was written for the sole purpose of
making lots and lots of polygons (reproducibly and in parallel) in order to
benchmark rendering with.