[Paraview] Sphere benchmark runs and max number of polygons

Praveen Narayanan praveenn at nvidia.com
Tue Sep 30 03:45:52 EDT 2014

On Sep 29, 2014, at 7:11 AM, David E DeMarle wrote:

Thanks, I can patch that if you don't have the patience.
See: http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Git/Develop for instructions.

I can handle that.

2) Secondly, the number of polygons maxes out to 2 million taking about 90 MB. Is there a flag to change the max buffer size?

I would like to run a bigger problem running more number of polygons. I am running on an NVIDIA GTX Titan.

I don't understand. What buffer do are you talking about?

With (thetares, phires)=(1000,1000) it gives the number of cells as 1996000 and memory of 86 MB with a geometry of 130 MB. See http://imgur.com/f8vIsHR for the screenshot.

The number of polygons does not increase when the resolution is changed - (thetares,phires)=(1000,4000) gives 2044000 cells, with the memory used 87.82 MB and 135.73 MB for geometry. Screenshot at http://i.imgur.com/zF8vMHu.png

I would like to use an image with let us say, 100 M cells in Shpere().

cheers,

Thanks
Praveen