[Paraview] custom reader question regarding python access

Insley, Joseph A. insley at anl.gov
Thu Sep 25 19:08:10 EDT 2014

Josh,

I had a similar issue a while back, where I had a custom reader with multiple outputs.  In order to get access to output port 1 I ended up doing something along the lines of:

fooFilter = servermanager.OutputPort(my_reader, 1)
SetActiveSource(fooFilter)
fooFilter.UpdatePipeline()  # may not be required

# to see the names of the point data arrays on this output port
dataInfo = fooFilter.GetDataInformation()
pointDataInfo = dataInfo.getPointDataInformation()
numArrays = pointDataInfo.GetNumberOfArrays()
for foo in range(numArrays):
    aName = pointDataInfo.GetArrayInformation(foo)
    print "name (", foo, "): ", aName

(thanks to Utkarsh, who pointed me in the right direction when I was originally trying to do this)

Hope this helps,
joe

joseph a. insley                                                      insley at anl.gov<mailto:insley at anl.gov>
argonne leadership computing facility             (630) 252-5649
argonne national laboratory