[Paraview] custom reader question regarding python access

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Sep 25 15:15:23 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am adding features to my custom reader, and I need some help.

My reader does the following:
1) Reads the main time-dependent model data
2) Reads 0 or more non model-time dependent files that provide time series information specific points at high temporal resolution.

Currently, I am reading the main model data as a structured grid on Port 0 and the time series files into a multi-block table on port 1.

This works great, as far as it goes, but I cannot figure out how to access any of the port 1 information from within Python.  Everytime I try to fetch data for the source, I get a vtkStructuredGrid structure, with no sign of the multi-block tables.

Can someone give me some advice on how to go about accessing the port1 data from within python?

Thanks,
Josh