[Paraview] 3d scatterplot

Fernando Hayashi Sant Anna fhsantanna at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 25 18:25:55 EDT 2014

Hi everyone.
I am trying to make a 3D Scatterplot from a principal component analysis data.
Above I present the general format of my cvs table:

type,PC 1,PC 2,PC 3
s35,-1.1678,-0.81478,0.61832
s35,-0.54306,-0.52355,0.4743
s35,-1.4862,-0.67112,0.24996
s35,-1.5646,-0.43992,0.37869
s35,-3.6895,-0.3267,-0.90597
s35,-3.2705,-0.34452,-0.47978
s35,1.5185,-0.53932,0.57408
Bacillus,0.5931,0.25691,-0.47788
Bacillus,0.67359,-0.012615,-0.29663
Bacillus,0.80718,0.13031,-0.34567
Bacillus,1.0766,-0.052194,-0.36311
Bacillus,1.6975,-0.11165,-0.15835
Bacillus,0.44962,0.2936,-0.42939
Bacillus,1.3748,-0.0011358,-0.36139

Here is what I tried so far:
I loaded the table and activated the filter "Table to points". For each axis (XYZ), I attributed a PC column ( X=PC1, Y=PC2 and Z=PC3). After clicking in "Split horizontal" and "3D view", I got a 3D scatterplot.
The problem is that I can't color the points based on the variable "type". In properties,  In the color scale editor I attributed each value ("type") to a color, but it is not dysplayed in the scatterplot.
Do you know what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Hayashi Sant'Anna
Doutor em Biologia Celular e Molecular
Instituto de Recursos Naturales y Agrobiología de Sevilla
Av. Reina Mercedes, 10. Sevilla, España.