[Paraview] question about geometry caching

Zhijun Zhang zjzhang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:09:09 EDT 2014

Dear all:

       I have found a problem with geometry caching starting from version
higher than the Paraview 4.1.

In Paraview 4.1, this function work well.  What I am trying to do is like
this:
1. To display the deformation of a sequence of mesh model (*vtk files)
under 20 time points.
2. In version 4.1, when the mesh sequence is opened, I can select
 edit->setting->animation->Cache Limit (in KBs) and set the value to be
very big, e.g. 51024000.
    Then when I click the play and loop toolbar button, after 1 or 2
cycles, the mesh will be displayed very smoothly.

However, in the Paraview4.1+ version,
1. In the setting menu, I can not find the animation directly.  In the
General tab, I tried to search "cache" in the blank,
and I can see the animation again.
2.  But when I still set it to the large value like mentioned above,  the
cache does not work.

I would like to know if there is a solution for this?  and did I set it
correct to use cache function?
Hope anybody can give me a quick solution.
Thank you very much.

regards,
Alex