[Paraview] Connect to multiple servers to visualize one file

jlih jlih at masonlive.gmu.edu
Thu Sep 25 14:17:37 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I have a few questions regarding the server configuration of the remote visualization framework. For instance,I have two render nodes at Location A and four render nodes at Location B, all nodes can access a copy of a dataset.

1. Can I connect to multiple servers that the same time?

For example:

connection1 =Connect('ip1',11111)

connection1 =Connect('ip2',11111)

##some render codes

Disconnect()

2. If I can connect to multiple servers at the same time, can the client access all nodes and visualize the dataset in parallel at the same time?  That is, nodes at Location A render a portion of the data and nodes at Location B render the rest part of the data. Do I need to split the dataset?

3. If I can not visualize the same data with servers at different locations, what is the best approach to utilize all nodes at different locations in parallel?

Thanks in advance.

Jing