[Paraview] pvserver test on different systems (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Oct 23 16:06:46 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Utkarsh,

I have been thinking and just want to check with you on this. If

pvbatch sample.py

is running, will that also test the ParaView binary we produced has a working
python within the ParaView? What about checking and see if numpy is available
for the ParaView binary produced? I even tried to turn off the numpy library
(in the superbuild compile using the cmake flag -DENABLE_numpy=OFF) but the
compilation process compiled numpy nevertheless. Do I have to include
statement like

import numpy

to test if numpy or other python packages were properly compiled and available
within ParaView?

Thanks
-simon