[Paraview] pvserver test on different systems (UNCLASSIFIED)

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sun Oct 26 12:16:25 EDT 2014

Simon,

> is running, will that also test the ParaView binary we produced has a working
> python within the ParaView?

No. For that, you can run paraview executable and have it run the
script on launch instead:

     paraview --script=sample.py

> What about checking and see if numpy is available
> for the ParaView binary produced?

Yes, you should do something like the following:

     import numpy
     print numpy.version.version

Same is true for other packages like matplotlib. The API to check the
version will of course be different with each.

> I even tried to turn off the numpy library
> (in the superbuild compile using the cmake flag -DENABLE_numpy=OFF) but the
> compilation process compiled numpy nevertheless.

The only component in the ParaView superbuild that depends directly on
numpy is matplotlib. Is that enabled? If so, it will automatically
enable numpy as well. You'll need to turn both off  to disable numpy
entirely from the build.

Utkarsh