[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Manage Plugin issues with auto-load

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Fri May 16 13:34:45 EDT 2014

Jean,
I also found this bug in the last few days.  It is written up as bug 14732.  Since your description below is quite good, I added it to my bug report as a note.  And yes, this is a ParaView bug.

The only way I have found to get around this issue is to delete the .ini file before running ParaView.  ParaView will just create a new, clean .ini file that works fine.  But, you have to delete the file every time - the next time you run will be bad again.  I delete this file in a script that users run, which wraps the real call to ParaView.

I believe that the root cause of the issue is that you (and I) have different plugins compiled on your client and clusters, and possibly between clusters.  Thus, when you try to connect to a cluster, ParaView is looking for a plugin remotely that does not exist.  That's my theory, anyway.

Alan