[Paraview] Cubefiles with non cubic symmetry and isosurface

Matti Ropo matti.ropo at tut.fi
Thu May 15 11:47:30 EDT 2014

Hi all

I am quite new to paraview and I have some problem with making
isosurfaces from gaussian cube files. My system is surface system with
hexagonal symmetry, but when I try to make isosurface it is forces to
cubic symmetry and image is distorted.

When cube file is read the coordinates of the points and actual values
for isosurface calculation are  in different pipelines. And if I try to
make isosurface it is made from the relative coordinates not the real
ones(ie. with cubic symmetry).  Is there to way to make grid with
correct symmetry for plotting isosurface?

Cheers,
Matti Ropo

          Department of Physics
    Tampere University of Technology, Finland
                and
Centre of Excellence in Computational Nanoscience
        Aalto University, Finland