[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] a new user with a simple question

James Feng jfeng at optomec.com
Mon Mar 17 17:29:35 EDT 2014

Now, I had another chance to reproduce this problem (with ParaView
3.12.0).  I just put together a new PC and had OpenSUSE 12.3 installed as
the base OS.  I noticed that I have the same problem with "plot-over-line"
as that with the Acer machine: the plot-over-line sub-window is blank.  The
similarity between this new PC and Acer is that they both have OpenSUSE
12.3 installed as the base OS and then they both have virtualbox (same
version 4.3.6) installed on OpenSUSE.  Although not 100% sure, the problem
seemed to appear after I installed the virtualbox.  But I could not recover
the plot-over-line functionality by deleting the virtualbox in YaST.  As a
test, I had OpenSUSE 12.3 installed in a virtualbox on a Win 7 PC, on which
I installed the same version of ParaView and plot-over-line worked fine
there.  Thus, it's nothing wrong with OpenSUSE 12.3 (if I don't install
virtualbox on it).  The question is why, and what specific driver is
screwed at this point.