[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] a new user with a simple question

James Feng jfeng at optomec.com
Mon Mar 24 10:02:13 EDT 2014

I think I have found the cause now; it's the NVidia (proprietary) driver I
installed for using CUDA (which I only have on the base OpenSUSE but not on
those vbox OpenSUSE).  I can get the "plot over line" work normally after I
uninstalled the NVidia-gfxG03-kmp-desktop, etc. so I just use the nouveau
driver came with the OpenSUSE package.  However, this work-around disallows
me to take the advantage of my NVidia GeForce 650 GPU with CUDA, for the
functionality of paraview "plot over line".  I assume there must be a way
to get the NVidia (proprietary)  driver work with paraview, which somebody
better versed in OpenSUSE or Linux in general can advise.