[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] a new user with a simple question

James Feng jfeng at optomec.com
Mon Mar 3 13:17:57 EST 2014

I have an Acer computer with OpenSUSE 12.3 installed as the base OS.  When
I first installed OpenFOAM (which uses ParaFoam -- a paraview-based
postprocessor), everything worked normal and I could have the
plot-over-line do what it's supposed to do.  Then I started mess around
with the ParaFoam (to get what I'd like to see) and at some point I lost
the normal behavior of plot-over-line (which I cannot recall what exactly I
did).   However, all other functions of paraview seem to work fine.  So
it's hard for me to believe the problem is the bad driver or bad graphic
card.

I also tried to install Ubuntu on the vbox on this same computer, where I
installed a fresh OpenFOAM and the parafoam worked fine with the
plot-over-line.  So, I firmly believe there's something I screwed with
the paraview settings, which I could not get back by re-compiling it (in
the "thirdparty" directory of OpenFOAM) with the *.ini file deleted in the
./config/paraview/ directory.  I wonder if there could be something else
stuck on this OS.  I hate to wipe everything out and re-install
this OpenSUSE because there are other OSs on the vbox all based on it.

If there's anything I can do with the current "screwed" paraview to bring
the plot-over-line back, I'm willing to try.

Thanks, Alan.