[Paraview] Computing depth integrated values of 3D volume

Christian Brædstrup christian.fredborg at geo.au.dk
Mon Mar 17 13:58:24 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I just started using Paraview and is having a bit of trouble post processing my data. So I hope someone on the list can give me a hint.

I have a 3D volume containing pressures and depth values in a unstructured mesh. So when I slice the mesh I can see the vertical change in pressure with depth.
I would like to compute the mean depth integrated pressure (i.e. sum the pressured vertically and divide by the depth at that location) at all nodes and plot that on the surface of my 3D mesh (or a 2D plane). I have tried the Integrate Variables filter, but that integrates the whole pressure domain and removes all geometric information. So I am guessing I need to use python in some way and perhaps get my data to a structured mesh?

Anyone know of a clever way of doing this?

Thanks,
Christian