[Paraview] NEK5000 with ParaView

Ravi Tumkur ravi.tumkur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 06:04:08 EST 2014

Hi Sam,

Thanks for offering the help.

I looked at the case file you sent, NEK5000 also has a similar ASCII meta
file and time-depended mesh data is saved in a set of binary files. I am
not able to read this changing mesh into Paraview.

I have been using Paraview to visualize moving-mesh which are saved in VTK
format for quite sometime and it was working fine. But not able to do the
same with NEK5000 output files. I am guessing that this is still a
bug/pending enhancement since Paraview has added the NEK5000 compatibility
only recently, starting from 4.1.0.

Regards,
Ravi