[Paraview] Comparing results computed with 2 different meshes

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 14:31:28 EST 2014

Hi Cory,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Resample With Dataset solves the problem of
matching up the Point IDs, but only passes data from the Input (which I
guess makes sense given its purpose), so I think regardless of what I
rename the arrays, the data will always be from only one of the meshes
meaning I can't use Calculator to compare the data.

I think my main obstacle is the data type.  Paraview reads in Ensight data
as a Multi-Block data set, but neither Append Datasets nor the Python
Calculator seem to work on that data type.  Is there a simple way to
convert them into a format that can be read by those filters?

Thanks,
Evan