[Paraview] Comparing results computed with 2 different meshes

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jan 30 09:10:24 EST 2014

Evan,

You might want to take a look at the Resample With Dataset filter. One
of your meshes would be the Input and one would be the Source. What
this filter will do is sample the data values in the Input mesh at the
locations of points in the Source. If I understand the setup of your
meshes, this should essentially take care of the problem where your
point IDs are not the same. The result will be a single mesh with two
data arrays that you can then compare point by point.

You might run into a problem if both meshes use the same name for the
point array from which you want to get values (one will clobber the
other). You can take care of that by using the Calculator to rename
one of the mesh's arrays, then using the result of the calculator as
the Input or Source.

Hope that helps,
Cory