[Paraview] Discovery of a 'nice' bug in volume rendering

Den Fairol den.fairol at infovalley.net.my
Thu Jan 9 03:49:46 EST 2014

Hi,

In the midst of figuring out having synchronize viewports in ParaViewWeb, I
accidentally bumped into a 'bug'. This bug actually cropped up from ParaView
(see image sequence at the bottom page). First and second exhibits show a
before and after rotation around X-axis. How did I arrive to this? Load two
objects, volume rendered the first, surface rendered the other. Then I link
up the second view/camera to the first one. Aligning the objects together
via translation. Apply a transfer function, save the state and exit. Upon
reloading the state, interacting with either object will cause a
'clipping-effect' to the first object when it enters a certain planar
coordinate, which is neat primarily because now I can perform ROI on
volumetric data (at oblique angle) without incurring the wrath of
data-explosion from the clipping filter! The catch is, this effect will
subside the moment I commit any change to the transfer function or even
snapshot (hence why I did screen capture instead). Could anyone shed a light
on this some-what welcoming glitch? This

Regards,

Den