[Paraview] ParaViewWeb

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Feb 10 11:12:18 EST 2014

Hi Ben,

there is several ways to integrate ParaViewWeb into iPython and the
documentation highlight a distributed/in-situ one. (Which is by far the
less obvious one ;-)
In fact, if you are not expecting ParaViewWeb to use directly the in-memory
objects of your iPython MPI engines, you might just deploy a ParaViewWeb on
the side which will naturally allow you to also have it embedded inside
your iPython integration.

For that you will need an apache on the front to do the relay in https/wss.
This should solve the security error.

Regarding the overhead of the server side rendering, we did not wrote any
specific analysis or documentation.
Do you still have render calls when you switch to WebGL on the client side?
Do you have them when you interact with the scene? If so, you can adjust
the JS of the WebVisualizer and disable the camera synchronization of the
WebGL renderer, which will prevent the client to send camera update to the
server. But if you do so, if your data change, your view will revert back
to the original server side camera position.

Hope that helped you in some ways,

Seb