[Paraview] ParaViewWeb

Ben Bales bbbales2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:31:00 EST 2014

Oh! So I didn't realize that example was sharing data between IPython and
Paraview.

I wasn't able to get it to work (some vtk import errors), but when I saw
the <iframe> I just got excited and stole that little bit of code out :D,
so maybe I did things wrong.

I just had a closer look, and is that example running traffic through the
IPython web connections?

Let me draw some diagrams (convert this to a monospaced font if it isn't :D)

I -> IPython
P -> Paraview
S -> Secure layer
U -> User

When I have the two servers running separately, and just include an iframe
from one to another, I am doing:

I--------->U
P--------->U

What I was asking about doing in the last e-mail was:

I----->S---->U
P--/

(Where IPython and Paraview both go through the same secure layer). You say
this is something I can set up with Apache, right? When I look at a system
like this, I get scared of rewriting stuff. How does U know to ask S to
route data to P? Is that what this documentation describes:
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/apache_setup
?

Now I've had a closer look at the script here (
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/ipython),
and I'm wondering, does the Paraview server there use the IPython
communication channels?

In which case I could just:

Sorry if I'm being a dunce here! This web technology can get complex :D!

Thanks,
Ben