[Paraview] ParaViewWeb

Ben Bales bbbales2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 18:10:56 EST 2014

Hello,

I have two questions concerning ParaViewWeb.

1. I want to embed the ParaViewWeb visualizer in iPython. This page (
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/ipython)
suggests
the standard way of doing that is embedding an iframe that references a
ParaViewWeb Visualizer instance.

My iPython instances are handled over an https connection, so embedding an
http iframe from a separate server will throw security errors in my browser.

Is there any easy solution to get around this? I'd like to keep
authentication on my servers, but I'd also really like to use the embedded
Visualizer (cause it's super super cool :D)

2. Is there any documentation on the overhead of the server-side rendering
for ParaViewWeb? I noticed by default Paraview still spawns an X renderer
for every rendering that is happening on the client.

Ideally I'd just like Paraview to not try to render stuff server-side, and
the client just handle the drawing with WebGL, but I probably am missing
some critical point about the paraview architecture.

Thanks,
Ben