[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] SWKey: Does the PV EnSight reader accept global data?

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 21 11:41:39 EDT 2014

Sam,
With regards to your last question, does EnSight Gold format have a place for global variables, I believe the answer is yes (sort of).  From the EnSight 10 user's manual:

EnSight Case Gold (recommended format)
- is much faster than EnSight 6 and is more memory efficient (noticeable if you
have a large number of parts or for larger models)
- uses connectivity which can be separate from the node ids
- uses a part basis rather than a global array

The PDF for this manual (including a good description of the file formats) can be found online at the EnSight web page here:  http://www3.ensight.com/EnSight10_Docs/UserManual.pdf

Alan