[Paraview] How to save geometry from python?

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 21 21:02:04 EST 2013

Sounds good.
If I can get x3d to write out a reasonable set of color values, I'll try this.
Thanks
-- Rich

On Nov 21, 2013, at 9:17 AM, Burlen Loring <bloring at lbl.gov<mailto:bloring at lbl.gov>> wrote:

Hi Rich,

I think that the save geometry option saves the last data that's passed into the rendering portion of the pipeline, it's typically a surface but depends on which representation you're using. Most of the time you can mimic the functionality  by applying the extract surface filter and writing the result. For example:

ws = Wavelet()
es = ExtractSurface()
sw = CreateWriter('wavesurf.vtp')
sw.UpdatePipeline()