[Paraview] How to save geometry from python?

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 21 12:17:30 EST 2013

Hi Rich,

I think that the save geometry option saves the last data that's passed
into the rendering portion of the pipeline, it's typically a surface but
depends on which representation you're using. Most of the time you can
mimic the functionality  by applying the extract surface filter and
writing the result. For example:

ws = Wavelet()
es = ExtractSurface()
sw = CreateWriter('wavesurf.vtp')