[Paraview] Modify an existing filter

Lorne Arnold lorne87 at uw.edu
Tue May 14 17:57:34 EDT 2013

I'm new to ParaView and I'm trying to use it to visualize 2D discrete
element data.

I'm running into situations where I want more of the glyph properties to be
dependent on inputs (a line glyph whose length, *and* width are scaled by
different inputs, e.g.). So far I haven't been able to find filters to
accomplish this. 'Tube' is the closest thing I've found, but it only
renders in 3D and looks out of place with my 2D data.

Is it possible to modify a filter with a programmable filter? Would I need
a plugin to do this kind of thing?

Attached is an example of the kind of diagram I'm trying to make. I made
this one using matplotlib.

Thanks for your help,

Lorne