[Paraview] Modify an existing filter

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed May 15 11:52:55 EDT 2013

You can do just about anything you can do with a c++ filter (make internal
filters, directly access input and output data sets) inside a programmable
filter so a plugin shouldn't be a requirement to do what you want to do. In
either case you will need to be familiar with the VTK API, python usually
just makes the development task a bit quicker.

I would recommend you start by reimplementing what the tube filter does in
its requestdata method in python and then modify to suit your purposes.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive