[Paraview] pvbatch is not working with newer osmesa releases

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 22:00:42 EDT 2013

Hi All,

pvbatch is not working with os mesa. however there's no issue when
running pvserver in cs mode with same os mesa. so same operations
initiated from a pvbatch script and from the gui in cs mode produce
quite different results. Similarly, valgrind spews pages of unitialzed
value errors (originating from mesa threads) when using pvbatch but not
pvserver.

I'm using mesa from git, the issue was not present in mesa
7.10.1....it's still very curious that things run fine using pvserver in
cs mode and not in pvbatch... Any idea what's going wrong here? What
does pvbatch do differently than pvserver that could account for the issue?

I'm attaching a python script and the images it produced with pvserver
in cs mode and pvbatch.

You could also find this on the dashboards that use pvbatch and recent mesa
http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=193910354&build=2930694

Burlen