[Paraview] pvbatch is not working with newer osmesa releases

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 12:24:40 EDT 2013

some more info

* running the script using pvpython and a separate invocation of
pvserver works correctly with any number of mpi ranks
* running pvbatch with 1 mpi rank produces visually correct result (but
valgrind still reports over 1000 errors)
* I compared the ldd output from pvserver and pvbatch they're line for
line identical (was thinking that maybe this could be a factory issue)

I simplified the test script further and added the code to connect to
pvserver with pvpython. attached.

over the weekend I updated the hopper.nersc.gov dashboard to build
against ver 9.2.0 mesa from git, and most of the failures are because of
this issue.
http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2933096