[Paraview] vtkPVSysnchronizedRenderWindows + Splitted views

Stephan Rogge stephan.rogge at tu-cottbus.de
Thu Jun 6 14:01:05 EDT 2013

Nikhil, no problem :)

Bill, that undocked window would be a nice feature.

Having your attention I guess there is another bug when running in
CAVE mode: I was not able to use the multi-server and CAVE mode at the
same time. Connecting one client to a pvserver session works but PV
crashes immediately after connecting a second PV client to that session.

Best reagrds,
Stephan

> On Thu, Jun
> 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Stephan Rogge <Stephan.Rogge at tu-cottbus.de> wrote:
>> >  Hello,
>> >
>> >  when I run ParaView and connect to pvserver with activated CAVE
>> mode (with
>> >  full screen render window), split the main active 3D view (horizontal or
>> >  vertical) and create a non-3D view (e.g. Spreadsheet), the
>> render window on
>> >  the server is also separated into two viewports. The left half is covered
>> >  by
>> >  the 3D-render window the right side seems to be empty. I guess
>> non-3D-views
>> >  were not shown in the CAVE which is ok. But why is the render window
>> >  separated into two viewports? Is this a desired behavior?
>> >

> That is not a desirable behavior. This is definitely a bug. Thanks for
> point that out.

Concur -- I'd never tried a split window while using the VR plugin.

>> >  Is it possible to detach new created views from the ParaView
>> >  Tab-Widget-Panel to have pure view-windows?
>> >

> I don't think this is possible. The best one can do right now is
> a full-screen and that's it.

I asked about that a while ago and I was told that it would only be a basic
change to the parameters to the panels in Qt, so could in theory be done
with a pretty basic code change to ParaView -- but I didn't pursue it
beyond that.

> Stephan
>
> -- Regards Nikhil

	Bill