[Paraview] vtkPVSysnchronizedRenderWindows + Splitted views

Nikhil Shetty nikhil.shetty at kitware.com
Thu Jun 6 14:37:49 EDT 2013

Stephan,

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Stephan Rogge
<stephan.rogge at tu-cottbus.de>wrote:

> Nikhil, no problem :)
>
> Bill, that undocked window would be a nice feature.
>
> Having your attention I guess there is another bug when running in CAVE
> mode: I was not able to use the multi-server and CAVE mode at the same
> time. Connecting one client to a pvserver session works but PV crashes
> immediately after connecting a second PV client to that session.
>
> multi-server configuration is when you have one client and you want to
connect to multiple servers (sessions | backends |pilelines). This means
that instead of viewing one visualization pipeline connection you can view
many different connections.

Alternatively if you want to connect many clients to one server then you
are looking at a multi-client configuration. I'm guessing this is what you
are looking to do. This will not work by current design because the PV cave
mode works on the server side .

http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Collaboration

To have the current collaboration framework to work with the CAVE mode we
would have to handle cave stuff at the client side instead of the server. I
have been working on something in my spare time to make this possible but
it'll be some time till that is done.

--
Regards
Nikhil