[Paraview] RE : Co-processing (in situ visu) : vtkCoProcessorImplementation is not built

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Jul 29 10:04:06 EDT 2013

Hi,

ParaView will have everything that Catalyst has, plus a whole bunch more
stuff. The reason for this is that if a simulation code is linking to all
or nearly all of ParaView there will be a whole bunch of extra stuff that
will be brought in that isn't needed for doing in situ visualization and
analysis, especially if ParaView is built statically. Catalyst allows for
specialized configurations of ParaView to bring in a minimal set of
functionality that is needed by the simulation code to do the desired in
situ processing. For example, in one Catalyst configuration the library
size added was around 20 MB while for linking with ParaView it was around
125 MB.

As for live viz, that is still in beta form. I started working on the
official Catalyst wiki (
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Catalyst/Overview) and there is a
tutorial along with some sample files at the bottom of the page. There is
an example in the tutorial that should demonstrate the live in situ
abilities of Catalyst.

Regards,
Andy