[Paraview] Visualize quadratic multi cell type in a model

Babak Poursartip babakpst at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 19:18:10 EDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to visualize a model which has a mixture of quadratic elements
"Quad_8" and "Tri_6" in it.

I use the following lines for "linear elements" and everything is fine, but
the case of "Quadratic elements" it does not work.

<Topology TopologyType="Mixed" NumberOfElements="3" >
<DataItem Format="XML" DataType="Int" Dimensions="20">
6 0 1 2 7
3 4 4 5 6 7
9 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
</DataItem>
</Topology>

from: http://www.xdmf.org/index.php/XDMF_Model_and_Format

It seems that the cell type number I am using is wrong. I found somewhere
on the web that the cell type number for Quad_8 is 25 and for Tri_6 is 24.

Does anybody know about the cell type number for Quad_8 and Tri_6?

Regards,
Babak