[Paraview] HeadTracking in ParaView CAVE

Emiliano Pastorelli hogancito at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:35:00 EST 2013

Hi Aashish,

yes, vrpn and vrui are configured and set apparently in the right way
(for another application i'm using vrpn to track for paraview, and also
for a meshviewer based on vrui, through a vrui devicedaemon, so
apparently they are working both in the proper way).

After I compiled the new version of paraview with the vrplugin fix, when
i load the vrplugin, in the GUI, the menu to select the type of
connection (the upper one after you choose to add a connection VRPN or
VRUI) is empty, and therefore i can't select any of them. And if I try
to load a state file with the proper connection (i'm using a vrpn server
at the moment), it doesn't load.

About the inversion of coordinates, i solved, it's the tracker, and i
fixed that externally. Today i achieved to use paraview on a
demonstration on two screens with passive stereo and the result was
definitely perfect in the way is was moving (but i'm still loading the
VRplugin from an older paraview, not from this last one).

Best,
Emiliano