[Paraview] HeadTracking in ParaView CAVE

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Jan 30 13:50:33 EST 2013

Hi Emiliano,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Emiliano Pastorelli
<hogancito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Aashish, today i installed the master ParaView as you suggested.
>
> There is something wrong with the GUI for the VRPlugin, and now it's not
> possible to select anymore the type of the VR connection, not even importing
> a state file.

Did you compile with VRPN / VRUI ON? I am not sure if understood the
problem here.

 I solved that importing an older version of the plugin, with
> that it works, but so i don't know it the problems are fixed. (it took me a
> while to figure how to use the new FullScreen option but then i managed, i
> was trying to put it in the Server process)

We can put that in the sample VR file.

> Now somehow once in a while, even after applying the right transform matrix
> to the tracker data, i have the weird effect that once in a while, the axis
> seem to randomly invert. So if until a second before it was working fine
> with the headtracking around an object, suddenly it gets wrong on all the
> four axis. I don't know if it might be a problem of my tracker or is
> something in paraview.

I would believe that could be the problem on your tracker (depending
on how stable your tracker is).

> As a test, I saved a working system state, went out of paraview and when i
> restarted and restored the state, the axis were wrong again.
>
> As a side effect, there is a XGrabKeyboard command to remove in the vtk file
> vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx and if you don't remove it, when paraview is
> running fullscreen you can't use the keyboard anymore, nor in paraview nor
> in other applications.

This is something that came before. We will push a fix.

Thanks