[Paraview] HeadTracking in ParaView CAVE

Emiliano Pastorelli hogancito at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:07:55 EST 2013

Hi Aashish, today i installed the master ParaView as you suggested.

There is something wrong with the GUI for the VRPlugin, and now it's not
possible to select anymore the type of the VR connection, not even
importing a state file. I solved that importing an older version of the
plugin, with that it works, but so i don't know it the problems are
fixed. (it took me a while to figure how to use the new FullScreen
option but then i managed, i was trying to put it in the Server process)

Now somehow once in a while, even after applying the right transform
matrix to the tracker data, i have the weird effect that once in a
while, the axis seem to randomly invert. So if until a second before it
was working fine with the headtracking around an object, suddenly it
gets wrong on all the four axis. I don't know if it might be a problem
of my tracker or is something in paraview.
As a test, I saved a working system state, went out of paraview and when
i restarted and restored the state, the axis were wrong again.

As a side effect, there is a XGrabKeyboard command to remove in the vtk
filevtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx and if you don't remove it, when paraview
is running fullscreen you can't use the keyboard anymore, nor in
paraview nor in other applications.

Best,
Emiliano