[Paraview] PV-3.98-RC binary error

Carlo cfq20 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 13:43:56 EST 2013

Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit <at> kitware.com> writes:

> There is fix to be included in next release candidate that could
potentially address this problem (we are seeing segfaults on some
linux platforms during initialization). I'd suggest waiting for the
 next release candidate and giving it a try. I don't think it has
 anything to do with your installed Qt since ParaView binary
packages it's own Qt.

> Utkarsh

Dear Utkarsh,

I just googled "paraview 3.98 utkarsh" and found this conversation. I just
installed the binaries for Paraview 3.98 for Linux 64 bit and get a slightly
different segmentation fault as soon as I execute the paraview binary. I
copy it below. Any guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,
Carlo

/opt/ParaView-3.98.0-Linux-64bit/bin/paraview
ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaView
Superbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/
ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager.cxx, line 565
vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (0xfdc000): No proxy that matches:
group=cameramanipulators and proxy=None were found.

Segmentation fault