[Paraview] ParaView 3.98 contour filter "Compute scalars" misbehaves

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sat Jan 5 14:18:47 EST 2013

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the input. I can replicate the problem with it being disabled
and will fix it. I noticed though that in both 3.14.1 and 3.98 that the
option to Compute Scalars was disabled/grayed out for polydata input.

I see what you mean about passing scalars. I think this issue has to do
with what's being set as the default scalars. The calculator filter sets
its output array as the scalar. You'll also notice that with your data set
that if you try and contour by Result2 or Tiff Scalars directly from the
reader you'll also get Result2 and Tiff Scalars out but not Result1. I only
checked with this on PV 3.98 though.

Do you mind adding in a mantis bug issue though?

Thanks,
Andy